Event: Wildlife in the City
Join the City of Toronto, the Toronto Zoo and Adopt-A-Pond for a fun evening where you will learn more about co-existing with urban wildlife in our city.
Topics will include:
- How to wildlife-proof your home (raccoons, squirrels, skunks)
- How to keep garbage bins safe from wildlife
- How to deter a coyote from your property
- The rules and regulations concerning the treatment of wildlife
- Interesting facts about wildlife
Four open house sessions will held in different areas of Toronto:
- North: Monday, March 2 from 6 to 8 p.m., Northern District Public Library (The Gwen Liu Meeting Room), 200 Orchard View Blvd
- South: Wednesday, March 4 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., H. Armstrong Community Centre, 56 Woodfield Rd.
- West: Wednesday, March 11 from 6 to 8 p.m., New Toronto Public Library(Alex J. Faulkner Community Room), 110 Eleventh St.
- East: Thursday, March 12 from 6 to 8 p.m., McGregor Park Community Centre(Harrison Rm East/West B), 2231 Lawrence Ave. E.
For more information visit Toronto.ca/wildlife
For more information about Toronto Zoo conservation programs visit http://www.torontozoo.com/conservation/